Frederiksberg Distillery is located in the basement of the City hall of Frederiksberg, an independent municipality surrounded by Copenhagen. Some sources ambiguously refer to Frederiksberg as a quarter of Copenhagen but people have been living here since the bronze age, and still today Frederiksberg has its own mayor and municipal council - and is fiercely independent.
Frederiksberg is characterised by its many green spaces, such as the Frederiksberg Gardens and Søndermarken, and the philosophy of Frederiksberg Distillery is to source from the great supply of local botanicals and making seasonal and good quality spirits such as gin, akvavit, liqueurs, vodka and bitters.
Frederiksberg London Dry Gin is distilled in a customized 20 liter pot still and made with lavender flowers and acorn from Frederiksberg Gardens, being the second most predominent botanicals to the inevitable juniper.
- London Dry Gin at 44% ABV
- Semi Single Estate i.e. some botanicals origins from their natural habitat in a particular area
- 7 fresh and dry botanicals processed, infused and distilled individually
- Distilled from neutral grain spirit in a pot still, meeting the London Gin predicate
List of botanicals
- Juniper berries (Juniperus communis)
- Lavendar flowers (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Acorn, oak nut (Quercus robur)
- Pink grape fruit peel (Citrus paradisi)
- Wild Angelica root (Angelica sylvestris)
- Coriander seeds (Coriandrum sativum)
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Gold, IWSC 2017 (UK)
- Gold, Craft Competition 2017 (US)
- Silver Outstanding, IWSC Gin & Tonic 2017 (UK)