From the producer:
Nose : Elegant and balanced profile of wood, spices and fruits, a nice mixture of caramel, black currant and vanilla / reseda. Then it evolves on green banana, pear and apricot with some waxy and flowery notes.
Palate : Rich, the first sips show some varnish, pineapple and plum. The next ones are even fruitier with the apparition of sour cherry and gooseberry with delicate rose petal and ylang-ylang balanced by more earthy notes.
Finish : Quite long, spicy with nutmeg, fruity on cooked apple and fresh grape and floral on hyacinth.
- Alc./Vol. : 41.2%
- Origin : Guatemala
- Distillery : Darsa Distillery
- Raw material : Molasses
- Fermentation : 2-3 days
- Distillation : Column Still
- Tropical Ageing : several years in Bourbon casks
- Continental Ageing : 1 year in Ferrand casks
- Maturation : 1 year in red Pineau des Charentes cask
- Volatile Substances : 238 g/hL AA
- Esters : 54 g/hL AA
- Dosage : 20 g/L
- Cane sugar caramel E150a (% vol) : No caramel added
Alexandre Gabriel, the founder of Plantation, has been in the spirit world for years. He has searched for the best cognac and superior rums, believing that spirits are emotions, experiences to express. This has gone on to shape the way Plantation makes rum, by nurturing relationships with the best distillers in the Caribbean.
Ensuring Plantation has access to the best rum possible, Plantation now boasts a diverse rum collection from all over the world, each one as special as the last.